Rtn. H. Govindaraju was born in 1963 in Thanjavur. His father, Mr. A. Harikrishnan, is an agriculturist who has in-depth knowledge about the labour class and how they have been denied fair opportunities to come up in life. He aims to improve their well-being. Besides being a Diploma holder in Yoga and Human Excellency from Bharathidasan University, Trichy, he also has a post graduate degree. From his early childhood, he has yearned to change the lifestyle of rural folk and remove the oppression to which they have been subjected to – due to evil social practices. This has provoked him to join hands with forces that fight for human rights.
As a protagonist of social justice, he has been devoting his time since his college days to bring about a social transformation in those who have been denied opportunities due to caste practices. As a Rotarian, he associated himself with various social activities, which have brought him close to our Trust culminating in him becoming one of the trustees.
In recognition of his services mainly in the fields of health and education, various organisations and educational institutions have made him to be part of committees.
Currently he holds the following positions:
- Trustee & Treasurer – Thanjai Nagara Manavalarkalai Mandram Trust, Thanjavur.
- District Co-Ordinator – Polio – Eradication in Rotary International, RI Dist 2980.
- Life Member – Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Thanjavur.
- Honorary Member – Forum of Friends, Thanjavur.
- Executive Committee Member – Parents & Teachers Association, P.V. Selvaraj Girls Hr. Sec. School, Thanjavur
- Member Clean Thanjavur Movement, Periyar Maniammai university, Thanjavur.
- Member – Guidance & Counselling Cell, Bon Secours College for Women, Thanjavur.
- Member – Advisory Committee, Excel Foundation, Kumarapalayam, Namakal Dt