About The Mother Teresa Foundation
Rooted in love, justice, trust, respect for the dignity of life and to create a healthy, compassionate and responsive world, Mother Teresa Foundation blossomed in the mind of its Founder to serve the unwanted, uncared, unloved and underserved to help them to achieve their full potential.
The Mother Teresa Foundation, an empowered, dynamic, effective and vibrant organisation established in 2002 in Tamil Nadu, India owes its legal allegiance to Mother Teresa Charitable Trust under Indian Trust Act 1961 to serve for the welfare of the underprivileged communities irrespective of caste, creed, language and religion.
The Foundation embarks on the Noble Mission to spread love among the poor and to achieve extraordinary improvements in human life by promoting the well-being of humanity in all aspects, we mainly focus in the fields of education, health, community development, elderly care and disaster relief. The Mother Teresa Foundation undertakes appropriate support programs, initiatives and social projects that have sustainable impact and are instrumental in transforming the lives of the poor. We strive to imitate St. Mother Teresa in all its programs, approach and in all the ways to make this world a better place to live in.
We work tirelessly to render its services to the poorest people especially women, children, youth and elderly to enable, empower and transform their lives to overcome poverty, social exclusion and mitigating all kinds of circumstances.The successful journey of The Mother Teresa Foundation is positively visible from the fact that within the short span of 20 years, we could reach out 1 million beneficiaries through all the well-conceived programs. This journey does not stop with this landmark success. The Mother Teresa Foundation aims to touch the lives of 5 million people in the next 10 years. For this noble cause we plan to collaborate with like-minded service organisations, corporates, government departments and individuals from India and globally as partners and supporters in implementing the projects.
Our approach is much human, that’s what makes The Mother Teresa Foundation so special. We are always challenging ourselves to be the best we can be for the people who need us the most. Internally, The Mother Teresa Foundation have evolved into a result-oriented, ethical and transparent organisation that seeks to maximise the impact of all available resources and is fully accountable to all its stakeholders.
The Mother Teresa Foundation have been a catalyst in transforming the lives of the downtrodden and less fortunate people of the country through its focused efforts weaved in its six major social development programs and many more allied projects to complement these major projects for the past two decades.
The Mother Teresa Foundation always strive for an equitable and just society by opening the doors of opportunity for the self-advancement of the poor and the deprived so as to indulge in progressive growth for the society as St. Mother Teresa anticipated.
As The Mother Teresa Foundation marches forward with its partners in its journey towards uplifting the marginalized, it keeps on expanding its horizon of the people it serves.
To become an empowered, dynamic, effective and vibrant organisation by inculcating the core values of Saint Mother Teresa to create a healthy, compassionate and responsive world.
Rooted in love, justice, trust, respect for the dignity of life and spirit of hope, The Mother Teresa Foundation partners with people – especially the unwanted, uncared and unloved to help them to achieve their full potential.
The Mother Teresa Foundation is a value driven organisation. It strongly believes that values are the foundation on which The Mother Teresa Foundation is built and these represent the core beliefs and convictions of an organisation. In fact, they describe what the organisation stands for. The Mother Teresa Foundation has identified the following organisational core values and it places equal importance on all the values.
- Ensuring participation
- Effective networking
- Transparency and accountability
- Promoting and adapting innovative methods
- Dynamism and professionalism
- Secular and democratic environment
- Gender inclusive
Aims & Objectives
- Rehabilitating and developing orphans, semi-orphans, destitute and other disadvantaged and destitute through appropriate programmes / schemes.
- Producing self-reliant, resourceful and responsible individuals as well as communities.
- Lending education sponsorship to the poor and needy students to pursue their studies without any hindrances.
- Enabling the downtrodden through suitable avenues for the socio-economic and cultural development.
- Developing youth for a better India by implementing programmes to develop personality and humanitarian traits.
- Establishing multi-speciality hospitals to provide medical facilities to the poor and needy at affordable costs.
- Providing companionship, emotional support and comfort living to the senior citizens.
- Providing necessary support to the transgender community to help them achieve self sustainability
- Providing necessary assistance to the differently-abled by means of procuring assistive equipment and prosthetics; in addition to providing the necessary tools for their livelihood.
- Ensuring safe and healthy food supply for free to the poor and deserving.
- Offering essential, appropriate and timely humanitarian assistance to those affected by disasters.
- Starting educational institutions of technical and non-technical nature, to cater to the educational needs of the weaker section of the society.
- Engaging in forestation to ensure ecological and environmental balance.
- Developing small-scale cottage and village industries to generate employment opportunities among rural masses.
- Implementing modern technologies in agrarian economy to improve the living standards of farmers.
- Employing and investing new skills, ideas, methods and techniques in all the welfare and development activities.