Rtn. Dr. AR. Savarimuthu was born in the year 1969 at Madhakottai a small village in Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India in an agricultural family. From childhood, he was a very humane individual with love, care, compassion and sharing. Disturbed by the inequalities caused over many generations he vowed to serve the uncared, unloved and unwanted to bring them to mainstream through economic and social empowerment.
After successful school education he graduated himself in B.A. The strong perseverance and steadfast hard work helped him to become a successful entrepreneur at an early age which enabled him to give employment to the parents of his school friends. As a successful entrepreneur he covered many villages in Tamil Nadu which has benefitted him to get to know about the plight of the rural folk. Appalled by the widespread illiteracy and ignorance about healthcare, he dedicated himself towards eradication of such generation old apathy. The presence of inequalities and urban-rural divide has been tormenting him and he was relentlessly thinking of creating proper avenues for the marginalized to live with honor and dignity.
From his school days he was inspired by the teachings of St. Mother Teresa which ignited his desire to support the cause of the underprivileged irrespective of caste, creed, religion and language. His experience and commitment to serve the society as a Rotarian kindled him to establish a Forum to carry out his zeal for a better world. This vigor pushed him at the age of 33 to join hands with likeminded people to start The Mother Teresa Foundation in 2002. He believes in the principle “give everything and look for no returns”.
Hard working and humble by nature, he is fiercely committed to the task of eradicating social evils of the society. Nobility with humility is a rare combination and his every action demonstrates that he rightly fits in this rare combination.
- Patron – Indian Red Cross Society, Thanjavur.
- Life Member – Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Thanjavur.
- District Committee Chair, Child & Adolescent Care – Rotary International RI Dist 2981.
- Advisor – Academic Administration, Arputha College of Arts & Science, Vamban, Pudukkottai District.
- Advisor – Mother Juliana Karunai Illam, Thanjavur.
- Trustee – Thanjavur Nagara Manavalarkalai Mandram Trust.
- External Expert – Academic Advisory Committee, Auxillium Arts & Science College for Women, Regunathapuram, Pudukottai District.
- External Expert – Department of Social Work, Bon Secours College for Women, Thanjavur.
- President – Parents & Teachers Association, St. Michael’s High School, Madhakottai, Thanjavur District.
- Sponsorship and Foster Care Approval Committee, Thanjavur District.
- District Committee, Thanjavur for rehabilitation of children who lost their parents due to COVID-19
- Advisory Board, District Social Welfare Department, Thanjavur under The Dowry Prohibition Act 1961
- Rotary International 2981, District Level Advisory Committee, Child & Women Trafficking, Thanjavur.
- Anti Ragging Committee, PRIST University, Thanjavur
- Academic Advisory Committee, Department of Social Work, Periyar Maniyammai University, Thanjavur.
- Clean Thanjavur Movement, Periyar Maniammai University, Thanjavur.
- Governing Council, Sri Rengaswamy Educational Trust running Excel Group of Institutions, Kumarapalayam, Namakal District
- Academic Advisory Committee, Excel Foundation, Kumarapalayam, Namakal District.
- Advisory Committee Consumer Forum, P.V. Selvaraj Girls Hr. Sec. School, Thanjavur.