The Managing Trustee, Rtn. Dr. AR. Savarimuthu was born in the year 1969 in a hamlet in Thanjavur district called Madhakottai. Hailing from an agricultural background, he graduated in English Literature and History. Right from his childhood, he nurtured a passion for the upliftment of the poor and oppressed which culminated later in the formation of a trust dedicated towards the same. In this mission his family and friends, who are endowed with a high ideal of morality and spiritual values, have ably supported him.
From his school days he was inspired by the teachings of Mother Teresa which ignited his desire to support the cause of the underprivileged irrespective of religion and language.
He has been rendering yeomen service to humanity as a Rotarian, moulding youth to be more responsible. He is also the only patron in The Indian Red Cross Society, Thanjavur.
Hard working and humble by nature, he is fiercely committed to the task of eradicating social evils of our society. Nobility with humility is a rare combination and his every action demonstrates that he rightly fits in this rare combination. In recognition of his services mainly in the fields of health and education, various organisations and educational institutions have made him to be part of committees.
Currently he holds the following positions:
- Member – Sponsorship and Foster Care Approval Committee, Thanjavur District.
- Member – District Level Advisory Committee, Child & Women Trafficking, Thanjavur.
- President – Parents & Teachers Association, St. Michael’s High School, Madhakottai, Thanjavur.
- District Committee Chair, Child & Adolescent Care – In Rotary International RI Dist 2980.
- External Expert – Department of Social Work, Bon Secours College for Women, Thanjavur.
- Member – IQAC & Guidance and Counselling Cell, Bon Secours College for Women, Thanjavur.
- Member – Anti Ragging Committee, PRIST University, Thanjavur.
- External Expert – Academic Advisory Committee, Auxillium Arts & Science College for Women, Regunathapuram, Pudukottai Dt.
- Member- Governing Council, Sri Rengaswamy Educational Trust running Excel Group of Institutions, Kumarapalayam, Namakal Dt
- Member – Advisory Committee, Excel Foundation, Kumarapalayam, Namakal Dt.
- Member – Advisory Committee Consumer Forum, P.V. Selvaraj Girls Hr. Sec. School, Thanjavur.
- Parton – Indian Red Cross Society, Thanjavur.
- Trustee – Thanjavur Nagara Manavalarkalai Mandram Trust.
- Member – Clean Thanjavur Movement initiated by Periyar Maniammai University, Thanjavur.
- Advisor – Mother Juliana Karunai Illam, Thanjavur
In recognition of his services in the field of education, University of South America honoured him by conferring an Honorary Doctorate Award in 2016.