Rtn. Dr. A. K. Natesan, Ph.D (Financial Management) is a visionary Higher Education Administrator. He is currently the Chairman of Excel Group Institutions and Hon. Chairman of The Kavery Educational Institutions which comprise of 25 institutions in the fields of education.
He is the secretary of “Association of Management of Coimbatore Anna University affiliated Colleges”. He wasthe member of Academic Council of Anna University in Chennai and the Chairman of ISTE, Tamil Nadu & Pondicherry Section for a term of 5.5 years.
As a Rotarian, he has served the Rotary International District 2982 (2019 to 2020) in the roles of District Governor, District Trainer and District Chairman – Literacy & New Generation. He has donated over USD $ 300 thousand dollars to Rotary Foundation (TRF) for uplifting health and sanitation, humanitarian, environmental and educational projects.
As a philanthropist, he provides scholarships to the students of Excel Institutions to the tune of 3 crores from 2012 with a view to achieving the dreams of the rural, economically downtrodden students from backward and rural communities.
He is the recipient of many awards in honors which mainly include:
- Best NSS Programme Officer Award conferred by Government of Tamil Nadu in 1997.
- Rashriya Rattan Award conferred by Global Economic Council, New Delhi.
- Jewel Of India Award conferred by International Institute of Education & Management, New Delhi in 2003.
- Bharat Gaurav Award conferred by Citizens Integration Peace Society, New Delhi in 2009.
- Indian Achiever’s Award for Educational Excellence conferred by India Economic Development & Research Association (IEDRA), New Delhi in 2010.
- Top 100 Educators -2012 Award conferred by International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, UK in 2012
- ISTE Best Section Chairman Award consecutively for 3 years from 2012-2015 conferred by ISTE, New Delhi in 2015.
He supports our Foundation by providing free education every year to students sponsored by us studying in their institutions.