From the slums of Motigeel (kolkota) in 1948 Mother Teresa started embracing the world with her healing touch. Mother Teresa along with her 28 nuns stayed in a rental building offered by the philanthropist Mr. Micheal Gomes from 1948 to Jan 1953. Seeing the services rendered by Mother Teresa and her associates, the Most. Rev. Cardinal Stelmen of U.S.A recommended to the Most Rev. Periar, Arch Bishop of Kolkota, to provide a new building for them. Readily responding, the Most Rev. Periar, Arch Bishop of kolkota made available a new building at Plot no.54/A Lower Circular Road, Kolkota, to house Missionary of Charity. Mother Teresa moved to this building (Generalate) on 14th Feb. 1953 from where the Generalate still continues to function
Unable to display Facebook posts.